Requests on ClearFeed are queries from customers about a single topic that should be brought to closure. Requests possess various properties, including Request ID, Status, Assignee, Priority, and Linked Tickets, enabling the efficient tracking, monitoring, and closure of all customer inquiries on Slack.
Put simply, every new thread on Slack channels from a requester corresponds to a new request on ClearFeed. Any new message that is part of the same thread is treated as a part of the same request.
In certain circumstances, we may group messages from new threads with previous requests. For example:
- Messages by a user in rapid succession (Most common): We use a really small threshold (5 min) to club multiple messages by the same user into the same request
- A message is a continuation of a previous one (Eg: "absolutely!") is merged into the previous request.
- A message that refers to a previous one (Eg: "see above ^^") is merged into the previous request.
- A message is a reply to a previous one (Eg: acknowledgments ("thanks!"), closures ("it's working now"), and answers ("yes I have made that change") is merged into the previous request.
- Messages by different users in rapid succession where they have tagged each other (Eg: U0: "Hi @u1"; U1: "Hi there!") are considered part of the same request
- 1.Author - The individual who initiates the slack message is the author of the request
- 2.Status - Current status of the request. Each request comes with 4 different statuses - Open, In Progress, On Hold and Solved.
- 3.Assignee - Responders who have been assigned the request
- 4.Priority - Priority of the request. High / Normal.
- 5.Last Message Timestamp - When the last message was received on a request
- 6.Created Time - When the request was created on ClearFeed
- 7.Summary - AI-generated title summary for each request
- 8.Linked Tickets - Any request can be converted to a ticket. This can be a ClearFeed Ticket or a ticket in an external ticketing system. Once a request is converted into a Ticket, it has a unique Ticket ID that is publicly viewable by customers.