Intro to ClearFeed
ClearFeed is a conversational support platform, purpose-built for teams that support their customers and employees on Slack. ClearFeed can be used to support both internal teams within an organization on Slack, as well as external customers via Slack Connect channels. ClearFeed is available as a Slack application that also provides a powerful Web interface and integrates with other Enterprise Tools in a company.
Once installed ClearFeed converts Slack channels into conversational helpdesks. Here's a quick summary of how it works:
- Users install ClearFeed to their Slack workspace
- They can then add ClearFeed to specific Slack channels on which customer and employee requests are being made.
- Service Teams can work a shared queue of requests from a Triage Channel. From here they can respond to the requests, manage status, priority, and ownership of each request and collaborate internally with private comments.
In addition to the Slack App that allows users to manage requests within Slack, ClearFeed also offers a powerful Web application that can be used to:
- Setup business hours and schedules.
ClearFeed supports a variety of different use cases across different departments in a company. Some common workflows ClearFeed is used for includes:
- As a standalone Ticketing system: Users raise queries on Slack that are tracked in ClearFeed. Users can also, optionally, be given a ticket-id and the ability to close and edit the ticket from the Slack thread.
- As a Slack based interface to external Ticketing systems: Users raise queries on Slack that are converted to tickets in Support tools like Zendesk, FreshDesk, SalesForce or JSM. Users continue to chat from Slack, while Support agents can respond from the Support tool. ClearFeed provides real-time [bi-directional synchronization]((product-features/ticketing/external-ticketing/) of comments and statuses between Slack and the Support tool.
- As a hybrid helpdesk: Users raise queries on Slack that are tracked in ClearFeed. Simple requests can be resolved on Slack itself - while longer, more complicated ones, are converted into tickets and issues in external Support or Engineering issue management tools.
- As a collaborative platform to work on Tickets: Engineering loves to work from Slack, while Support agents prefer to work from their Support tool. ClearFeed allows Engineering and Support teams to collaborate on Tickets from the tool of their choice.
ClearFeed is in production at scores of leading Technology firms. Some key use cases include:
- Customer Support on Slack
- Internal Product Support on Slack
- Engineering Escalation Desks on Slack
- IT Helpdesks on Slack
- Monitoring Community Slack channels
Yes! Using ClearFeed's APIs and Event stream you can retrieve request data by different dimensions and then build your own reporting and real-time applications on top of our system. (Developer Settings here)
Here's a short introduction video we did for our ProductHunt launch. ClearFeed continues to add functionality rapidly, so we would encourage you to check out our website and the rest of the documentation to keep abreast of the latest and greatest.
Introduction to ClearFeed